Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The End

This morning, I came across this phrase that I love - ben trovato. It means "well found" in Italian, and might be used as praise for a story. One of the things that keeps me writing is the idea that stories are not made, but found. Takes the pressure off, and makes the act of writing a sort of vehicle for faith, I think. Have I said this before?

Today was the last day of the photo project with Jason. I loved his final photo, ben trovato, don't you think? So much to look at here, the mailboxes, the idea of a message sent to a person, picking up your mail, receiving something... a letter or, more strangely, a balloon. I liked the juxtaposition of this balloon and the mail, like the balloon was a package that was delivered too late, or a package that was never picked up. Messages sent, but not received.

On Friday, we wrapped a co-workers entire desk in wedding-themed gift wrap. He had quietly taken two weeks off to get married in Hawaii, one of those guys who just isn't going to make a big deal about it, but of course we couldn't let him get away with that. I sort-of credit the photo project here though, it has added something prankish to my mood, has me looking around to see what else can be done, what other things need to be looked at differently, what projects I can take on. And of course, I'm taking recommendations.

No comments: